A World Premiere by Daryl Lisa Fazio
Directed by Lisa Adler
Oakland cemetery has a ghost. A freak tornado cuts a swath through Atlanta’s historic graveyard, exposing buried clues and evoking eerie sightings. Tour guide Susan and steampunk survivalist MJ unite with a geeky spirit photographer and a retired pathologist to solve the mystery. This band of urban misfits races through the monuments and headstones while the line between past and present blurs in Atlanta’s most spectacular spooky setting. ON STAGE AT HORIZON!
Length & Content
Freed Spirits runs 1 hour and 45 minutes plus an intermission.
This play will utilize herbal cigarettes and fog machines onstage.
Handicap seating limited for this production. Please call to reserve if needed.
September 23-October 30, 2016
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday at 8:00 PM
Saturday at 3:00 PM and 8:30 PM
Sunday at 5:00 PM
- Tickets start at $25 (plus 8% sales tax)
- Prices are subject to change and will rise as performances fill up. GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY FOR THE BEST PRICES.
Bring your neighbors!
Group pricing is available for parties of 10+. Groups of 10-24 receive $3 off the general admission ticket price. Groups of 25+ receive $5 off the general admission ticket price. Call 404.523.1477 x111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ticket prices are subject to change. Buy early for best pricing. 8% sales tax will be added to all ticket orders. Internet convenience fee added to all online orders. No refunds, exchanges, or late seating.
(in order of appearance)
Director – Lisa Adler
Playwright – Daryl Lisa Fazio
Scenic Designers – Isabel Curley-Clay and Moriah Curley-Clay
Costume Designer – Jordan Jaked Carrier
Lighting Designer – Mary Parker
Sound Designer –Thom Jenkins
Projection Designer – Bradley Bergeron
Props Designer – Kate Bidwell LaFoy
Stage Manager – Julianna M. Lee*
*denotes member of Actor’s Equity
Director Lisa Adler & Playwright Daryl Lisa Fazio on WABE’s City Lights with Lois Reitzes
AM1690’s Larry Larson Interviews the Playwright
Reviews & Press
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution Article: BRINGING ATLANTA’S OAKLAND CEMETERY TO HORIZON’S STAGE
- Atlanta Intown: Review: FREED SPIRITS
- 365AtlantaFamily.com: FREED SPIRITS BRINGS SPOOKY FUN TO HORIZON THEATRE
- Edge Media Network: FREED SPIRITS Review
- Suburban Apologist: Review: FREED SPIRITS
- The Champion News: More Fun Than Fright in Ghost Tale FREED SPIRITS
- “Charming! Fun! I had a great time!”
- “Enjoyed it!”
- “Beautiful set.”
- “Really fun.”
- “Excellent. Had a lot of mystery and comedy, good mix.”
- “It was Amazing! Tell them I said so!”
- “That set was cool!”
- “Really good show. I will tell my friends.”