We need YOU at Assembly Hall!
We need to fill Assembly Hall with arts supporters. Please join us Wednesday, January 7 at 10AM at 141 Pryor St SW, Atlanta, GA 30303.
If you live in Fulton County, tell your commissioner that arts funding is an important issue to you as a member of his or her district. The commissioners want to hear about issues that matter to their constituents.
If you do not live in Fulton County, tell the commissioners that you come to Fulton County for arts and culture events and that you spend additional money in the county when you come.
- In 2011, Fulton County distributed $1.5 million among 92 arts organizations. We took the $1.5 million and invested $365 million right back into Fulton County.
- From 2007 to 2013, Fulton County has cut grants to arts and culture organizations by 46%.
- Arts and culture organizations in metro Atlanta employ more than 24,000 people.
- The average person spends $27 in the community outside the cost of the ticket when s/he attends an arts event in Fulton County. That is $27 spent at our friends’ local restaurants, bars, boutiques, gas stations, etc.
ACTION STEPS FOR ALL:
1. Attend the January 7 meeting to speak about why the arts in Fulton County are important to you.
2. Write a letter to your commissioner. Click here to find your commissioner.
3. Call your commissioner.
4. Email your commissioner.
The arts help to make Fulton County a thriving place to live, work, and play, and we need everyone to speak out against these drastic cuts. Every voice counts!
Let your voice be heard!
Copy and paste the letter below to send a hard copy letter or email to your commissioner. Include a personal story about why the arts in Fulton County matter to you, your family, your business, or your community.
Dear Commissioner _______________,
I support funding the Fulton County Department of Arts and Culture Contracts for Services program at their current level of $1.5 million. I do not support arts budget cuts of any kind for the 2015 fiscal year.
The arts are important to Fulton County and generate a huge return on a small investment. Economically, the arts generate more than $365 million in revenues in Fulton County and more than $17 million in local government revenue. Currently, Fulton County is home to more than 4,000 arts-related businesses which is the fourth largest number per capita in the United States. Fulton County’s investment in the arts stimulates business activity, attracts tourism, provides cultural education and develops creativity in our children. The arts also stabilize property values; attract young, career-driven artistic residents and businesses; and positively impact the quality of life for all.
I urge you to keep the budget at the $1.5 million level. While cutting arts funding won’t eliminate the Fulton County budget gap, it will damage arts organizations’ ability to provide jobs and goods and services to the community. It’s not smart to cut the arts!
Thank you for your support!
Commissioner Contact Information
District 1: Commissioner Liz Hausmann
District 2: Commissioner Bob Ellis
District 3: Commissioner Lee Morris
District 4: Commissioner Joan Garner
District 5: Commissioner Marvin Arrington, Jr.
District 6 Commissioner Emma Darnell
District 7: Chairman John Eaves
County Manager: Patrick O’Connor
Fax for All: 404-730-8254
Be sure to copy Development Manager Collins Goss, email@example.com on any emails you send.