KIM’S CONVENIENCE by Ins Choi
directed by Rebecca Wear
“BEAUTIFULLY RECOUNTS THE ENDURING CONCERNS OF CULTURES, GENERATIONS, AND CHANGE” -Broadway World
Mr. Kim, a Korean immigrant, dispenses fatherly wisdom, history lessons and potato chips from behind his Toronto convenience store counter in an up-and-coming neighborhood. When he receives an unexpected offer for his property, he has a difficult decision to make: take the money and give in to developers or convince his daughter to follow in his footsteps. Amidst these challenges, Mr. Kim navigates the needs of his customers and a strong-willed family.
And no matter what, humor and heart finds their way onto every aisle in this award-winning play that is now a hit series on Netflix.
Pictured: Caroline Donica, Daniel Kim, Christopher Hampton, Yingling Zhu, Ryan Vo. (Photos of Caroline, Yingling, and Ryan from Aurora Theatre co-production. Photographer: Casey Gardner Ford.)
MAR 3-APR 2, 2023
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at 8:00 PM
Saturday at 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM
Sunday at 5:00 PM
Show Run Time
75 minutes, no intermission
Tickets start at $30 on Wednesdays & Thursdays, $35 for Friday nights, Saturday nights, and weekend matinees. Reserve now for best prices! Prices will increase as the run continues.
Student tickets available for $20. Contact our box office to place an order.
Bring your neighbors!
Group pricing is available for parties of 10+. Groups of 10-24 receive $3 off the general admission ticket price. Groups of 25+ receive $5 off the general admission ticket price. Call 404.523.1477 x100 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Ticket prices are subject to change. Buy early for best pricing. Internet convenience fee added to all online orders. No refunds, exchanges, or late seating. Cannot combine discount offers.
Cast & Creatives
(click on name for bio)
- Appa: Daniel Kim*
- Umma: Yingling Zhu
- Janet: Caroline Donica
- Jung: Ryan Vo
- Rich/Mr. Lee/Mike/Alex: Christopher Hampton*
- Janet u/s: Akasha Nelson
*member of Actor’s Equity Association
- Director: Rebecca Wear
- Scenic Designers: Isabel & Moriah Curley-Clay
- Costume Designer: Alan Yeong
- Lighting Designer: Rochelle Denise Riley
- Projections Designer: Daniel Pope
- Sound Designer: Jeremiah Long
- Props Designer: Kristin Talley
- Stage Manager: Alicia Quirk*
- AURORA THEATRE
Reviews & Press
- ArtsATL Review (of Aurora Theatre Co-Production): Kim’s Convenience centers Korean voices, complex ideas, laughs
- WABE: City Lights with Lois Reitzes Interview: Popular play turned Netflix series ‘Kim’s Convenience,’ about a Korean-Canadian family, comes to Atlanta area