by Larry Larson & Eddie Levi Lee
Directed by Lisa Adler
November 16-December 30, 2018 (Press Opening: November 28)
IT IS OFFICIAL! THE WAFFLE PALACE RETURNS!
Heartfelt southern humor scattered, smothered and covered in a spicy holiday sauce. The charming characters from our sell-out Waffle Palace are back in this long-awaited sequel; full of fun, laughter and Christmas cheer. Horizon’s exciting new Holiday tradition!
After 19 Seasons, we say goodbye for now to THE SANTALAND DIARIES. While we will all miss this beloved tradition, we cannot wait to welcome you and your family to the Waffle Palace for the holidays this year. Whether you saw the original Waffle 20 times or are joining us for the first time ever, we know that this is sure to be an evening you will never forget and the perfect holiday outing for co-workers, family and friends!
Length & Content
Waffle Palace Christmas has a run time of 2 hours and 30 minutes with one 10 minute intermission.
Waffle Palace Christmas is recommended for ages 10 and up.
Handicap seating limited for this production. Please call to reserve if needed.
November 16 – December 30, 2018
Press Opening: November 28
Wednesday – Sunday at 8:00 PM
Tuesdays: November 20th & December 4, 11, 18 at 8pm
December 6, 13, 19 at 11am
- Tickets start at $30 on Wednesdays – Fridays, and $35 on weekends.
- Prices are subject to change and will rise as performances fill up. GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY FOR THE BEST PRICES.
Bring your neighbors!
Group pricing is available for parties of 10+. Groups of 10-24 receive $3 off the general admission ticket price. Groups of 25+ receive $5 off the general admission ticket price. Call 404.523.1477 x100 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Ticket prices are subject to change. Buy early for best pricing. Internet convenience fee added to all online orders. No refunds, exchanges, or late seating. Cannot combine discount offers.
- John – Barry Stoltze *
- Connie – Marguerite Hannah *
- Krampus – Rob Cleveland *
- Esperanza/Mavis – Maria Rodriguez-Sager *
- Hugo/Bubba/Businessman/Cajun Jim/Young John – Allan Edwards *
- Tooty/Businesswoman/Policewoman – Lala Cochran
- Alex/Blair – Jennifer Alice Acker
- Deandre/Dave – Markell Williams
- Director: Lisa Adler
- Composer/Music Director: Christian Magby
- Choreographer: Nicole Johnson
- Scenic Designers: Moriah and Isabel Curley-Clay
- Costume Designer: Cole Spivia
- Lighting Designer: Mary Parker
- Sound Designer: Thom Jenkins
- Properties Designer: Christopher Dills
- Stage Manager: Julianna M. Lee *
* Member of Actors’ Equity Association
Larry Larson and Eddie Levi Lee: As veteran dramatists of award-winning plays such as Tent Meeting, The Illuminati Or Some Things You Need to Know Before the World Ends, The Christmas Bench and other plays, Larson and Lee have matured into comic writers of substance. “In the thirty-five years we have collaborated, we share one principle about live theater that hasn’t changed.” they write. “It must give the audience an experience they cannot get anywhere else. And we hesitate to label our plays as pure comedies, since even the funniest of them will have its serious moments, it’ an impassioned point to be made. But the heart of the plays is humor, sometimes outrageous, sometimes shameful, sometimes dark. Whatever the approach, we’ve made a lot of people laugh and hopefully think outside the theatrical box, over the years.” Larson and Lee have had their plays produced all over the country, including Off-Broadway and were featured twice in the Humana Festival a Abroad, additionally the playwrights have had their plays produced abroad in Dublin, Ireland and Cape Town, South Africa. Larson and Lee are also well known as freelance actors, directors, and producers at their own theatre companies, Atlanta’s Southern Theatre Conspiracy and Lee, with the Empty Space in Seattle.
Social Media Highlights
- BroadwayWorld ATL: Horizon Theatre Stages World Premiere Of WAFFLE PALACE CHRISTMAS
- Atlanta INtown: “The Zany Antics Of A 24-Hour Breakfast Spot”
- BroadwayWorld ATL: Bringing Holiday Cheer With World Premiere Of WAFFLE PALACE CHRISTMAS
- Atlanta Journal Constitution: New Theater Season Spotlights Premieres, Revivals
- Atlanta Arts Scene: “It’s worth it … BIGTIME”
A Look At The Original WAFFLE PALACE
Did you know that WAFFLE PALACE CHRISTMAS is actually a squeal? The original – THE WAFFLE PALACE – played the Horizon stage 3 times … and SOLD OUT 3 times! Take a look below at some production photos from the original run. See any familiar faces?