Status: Full-time Exempt
Horizon Theatre Company, a 32-year old professional contemporary theatre in Atlanta, seeks a full-time Development Manager to join our team of theatre-loving professionals in beautiful Atlanta. Qualified candidate will be an energetic, collaborative, organized go-getter who has 1-5 years experience and/or training in fundraising/marketing/sales/producing, works well with board members and volunteers and has excellent writing and communication skills. Candidate should have the ability to organize and execute a multi-faceted fundraising campaign under the direction of senior leadership. Other qualities/skills sought include: experience in Tessitura and/or other database system; a strong interest or background in theatre; salesmanship; entrepreneurial spirit. Acclaimed for its leadership in Atlanta’s arts community, artistic innovation and fiscal responsibility, Horizon has a $1.2 million budget, no deficit and an operating reserve fund, serves 40,000 diverse patrons annually and is housed in an arts facility that includes our 175-seat theatre. Strategic partnerships include the Atlanta Intown Theatre Partnership, the National New Play Network and the Atlanta Children’s Theatre. Send letter of interest, resume, salary requirements and phone references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Search in the subject line. Info: www.horizontheatre.com/jobs.htm Word or PDF Documents only.
- Meeting and exceeding the fundraising goals by researching and developing relationships with individuals (annual fund and major gifts), corporations (annual fund and sponsorships), foundations, and government grants.
- Managing volunteers and interns to complete administrative maintenance tasks.
- Drafting and submitting of all grants—corporate, foundation, and government
- Management of all grant reporting
- Researching of foundation and corporate grants for specific programs
- Managing patron and board advocacy for government funding and support
Annual Campaign & Fundraising Committee
- Working with executive leadership and fundraising committee to create the annual fundraising campaign. Determining the human and financial resources needed to conduct campaign. Working with managing leaders, help lead board and volunteers in execution of campaign.
- Managing and maintaining all current contributors (i.e. donors, subscribers, volunteers, community partners and board members) while cultivating new contributors.
- Motivating and supporting the board and volunteer fundraising committee in coordination with the managing leaders.
- Planning and supervising the donor telethon.
- Serving as staff point person for donors.
- Processing and acknowledgment of all gifts.
- Creating new partnerships with individuals, small businesses, corporations, and foundations as appropriate and essential to furthering the goals of the theatre.
- Planning and supervising fundraising special events.
- Securing and coordinating sponsorships for special events.
- Planning and coordinating the logistics for all Opening Night Parties and other special events as assigned.
- Creating the calendar for the development department.
- Keeping detailed records about donor activity, history, and information.
- Organize and document all development activities.
- Acting as staff administrator (including minutes) for board meetings, AITP, other meetings as needed.
- Project management of special events as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.