Enjoy this prickly yet poignant reflection of motherhood through theatre for one night only, streamed live!
SUNDAY, MAY 10 @ 7:30PM
Sorry you missed us! But there’s plenty more quality online content on its way. Visit us often!
Tune in to our one-night-only Mother’s Day celebration of mother-daughters “on the edge!”
We’ve brought together our favorite playwrights and actors for a fun night of scenes, songs, and stories about moms and daughters. Frantic, funny, fraught, and fruitful, these are moms and daughters on the edge. Lift your spirits with this one night theatrical celebration of “Mom”!
You’ll see hilarious and heartfelt new short works by Horizon’s favorite writers including Gloria Bond Clunie (Sweet Water Taste), Suehyla El-Attar (The Perfect Prayer, Third Country), Shay Youngblood (Shakin the Mess Outta Misery) starring many of the actresses you know and love. Plus, some fun excerpts from past Horizon plays about mothers and daughters–we’ll surprise you! We hope we make you laugh and want to give your mom a virtual hug.
Special guest Angela Robinson (The Haves and the Have Nots, Law & Order: SVU, and Another Bed) will be making an appearance to share a special theatrical gift.
Join us for short scenes and songs, including these by Horizon artists, past and present!
- Sky by Gloria Bond Clunie
- Shaking the Mess Out of Misery by Shay Youngblood
- Knead by Mary Lynn Owen
- Getting There by Suehyla El-Attar
- “Another Mother Daughter Fight” Song by Vynnie Meli
- Margaret Baldwin performance
- Roman Candle Summer by Neeley Gossett
- Empty Rooms by Annie Harrison Elliott
- The Gratitude Journal by Rebekah Suellau
- A new play by Elyzabeth G Wilder
- Paper House by Lee Nowell
- And mother/daughter video clips from Once, Freaky Friday, How Black Mothers Say I Love You and other past Horizon shows.
Be a part of the fun! Share your own funny, crazy, and memorable mother-daughter moments! You can participate in two ways:
- Shout out to your mother with a special short tribute message that we can share!
- Send your own “beautiful, crazy mom story” to share live! You can write it for us to read or record a video on your cell phone and send it to us.
Send any text or video by noon on Sunday, May 10th, to this Google Form link. We’ll be selecting our favorites to share during the broadcast. If you have trouble, please email email@example.com.