Horizon Theatre is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Subscription revenue and ticket sales cover approximately 50% of our operating expenses. The remaining 50% is raised through charitable donations from individual donors, corporate and foundation grants, and government contracts.
- During its entire history, Horizon Theatre Company has never operated at a deficit and has an operating reserve fund.
- Received Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund grant multiple times and is part of the Loridans/Trammell Foundation Theatre Initiative Grant.
- Horizon’s Artistic Directors, Lisa and Jeff Adler, received the 1999 Abby Award for Arts Professionals of the Year and were named 1999 Lexus Leaders of the Arts by WABE.
- Budget has grown from an initial $15,000 to nearly $1,000,000.
- Subscribers have increased from 150 to 2000.
- Audiences have increased from 2,000 to 35,000 annually.
- Major funders include the Fulton County Arts Council, Georgia Council for the Arts, City of Atlanta Office of Cultural Affairs, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Horizon is governed by a 17-25 member Board of Directors and run by eight full-time staff members.
- Weekend performances are regularly sold out; average attendance is greater than 70% of capacity.